GL Opening Balances
Product: The Agency Manager, Series 7 and above
This document provides a workflow for
entering opening GL balances.
Warning: Only use this utility in the first accounting
month on the system or after a ZAP.
For this procedure, everyone must be logged out of TAM.
- Click Start, Programs,
Applied Systems, System
- Enter your User Code and Password.
- Select GL Opening Balances and click the
- A warning message displays: "This utility should only
be run during initial setup. Running this program to modify balances after
initial setup will overwrite all GL balances. Do you wish to continue?" If
you already entered opening balances, click No.
If you have not, click Yes to continue.
- A pop-up box displays requesting an agency code. Enter the code of the agency in which opening balances will be
entered. Click Next.
- Your current chart of accounts displays. There is a column for Debit and another for
Credit. Click your first account with a balance and enter the figure under the
correct column. Click Accept after each line.
Opening balances for the Accounts Receivable general ledger account
should match the total balances for customers, brokers, lienholders, and
- Debits and credits must match for you to leave
this screen. Click OK once all figures have been
- Exit System Installation.
September 04, 2008 09:03 AM