Reconciliations and OPEN_CO.TBL:
What To Do When Items to be Flagged Do Not
Product: WinTAM Series 6
& Tam Series 7
The TAM Reconciliations program uses a pointer file called OPEN_CO.TBL.
The OPEN_CO.TBL tells the Reconciliations program where in the transaction database
(TRANSACT.DBF ) to start looking for open items. This helps the program to
generate statements more quickly, as the system will not have to check through
all of TRANSACT.DBF for open items, but, rather, has a starting point indicating
where the last open item for each company was found.
When to Recreate OPEN_CO.TBL
- If you receive errors
referring to this file.
- If you have just installed version 6.0.3 and have not
run a Reconciliation Statement.
- If you experience problems in the Reconciliation program
with items not appearing that need to be flagged as paid. First you should
view the item(s) through Update Transactions to verify that
the items have the proper criteria (Accounting Month, Billing
Company ). Also make sure that the Company Paid field and Check fields are blank or have been partially paid.
Problems with OPEN_CO.TBL on Version 6.0.3
If you have just installed version
6.0.3 and have not run a Reconciliation Statement, download the following files
from the 6.0.3 downloads area of the Applied Systems web page before following
the steps to recreate OPEN_CO.TBL.
- REINDEX.EXE dated 2/26/98 (download to the TAM directory)
- WREINDEX.EXE dated
2/26/98 (download to the WINTAM directory)
The Internet provides instructions on
how to download the files and copy them to the correct directory.
Follow the steps below to rename and recreate
Note: You must exit all users from the system to pack and reindex
Larger agencies may want to rename the OPEN_CO.TBL and then pack and reindex as
a part of Night Utilities.
V6.3.0 and Above
- Access the Reconciliations menu, Agency Bill,
List Statements, and List Open Statements. Make sure that there are no open
- Follow the same steps for direct bill (Reconciliations menu,
Direct Bill, List Statements, and List Open
Statements ). Any open statements must be
closed prior to moving to the next step.
- At the desktop, double click My
Computer (for TAMCentral agencies, this is labeled with your user name and
- Double click the icon for your TAM network drive.
- Double click the TAM_EXE folder.
- Locate the OPEN_CO.TBL file and click it.
- Click File and select Rename from the dropdown menu.
- Rename the file OPEN_CO.OLD.
- Close My Computer.
- Double click the Database Maintenance icon from the Applied group in the
- Sign in with a user code that has been assigned console operator
- Select Stand Alone Process.
- Click Next to continue.
- Choose to Pack/Reindex TRANSACT.DBF.
V6.2.0 and Earlier Versions
- Access the Reconciliations menu,
Agency Bill, List Statements, List Open Statements, and
List Open Statements and
make sure that there are no open statements.
- Follow the same steps for direct
bill (Reconciliations menu, Direct Bill, List
Statements, List Open Statements,
and List Open Statements ). Any open statements must be closed prior to moving to
the next step.
- At the desktop, click Start, Run, type Command and click OK. (This brings you to an MS-DOS
- Go to the network drive that TAM is on, for example, F:,
and press [Enter].
- Type CD\TAM_EXE and press [Enter] to change
to the TAM_EXE directory.
- Type REN OPEN_CO.TBL *.ORG and press [Enter] to rename
the OPEN_CO.TBL file.
- Type CD\TAM and press [Enter] to change to the TAM
- Type SET BG=0 and press [Enter].
- Type REINDEX 1 TRANSACT and press [Enter]. This packs the
TRANSACT.DBF and then creates a new OPEN_CO.TBL file.
When this is complete, exit from the MS_DOS prompt.
Return to the
Reconciliations menu to try to reconcile the problem items; they should now
appear on a statement. If the items still do not appear, view the item through
Update Transactions at the customer level, note the Customer Code, Item
Number, Accounting Month, Billing Company, Company Paid, and Check
fax the information to Accounting support.
April 06, 2011 04:00 PM